• Mrs. Millard Brown and little daughter of Algood visited Mrs. Roy Oakley Tuesday.
• Mrs. J.Q. McDonald is in Nashville with her daughter, Mrs. Taylor, who is in the hospital.
• Mrs. Hershall Maynord and Miss Beulah Ward have accepted positions in Wright’s store.
• Marion Roberts died at his home at Eagle Creek Monday morning after a short illness.
• Elder Chester Hogan of Willow Grove preached at Taylor’s Crossroads Sunday night.
• Mrs. Bob Ferrill has been visiting her daughter, Mrs. James McCormick in North Livingston.
• K.L. French was in Nashville last week to visit his sister, Mrs. Gillentine who is real sick.
• Mrs. C.E. Bilbrey and son, Edward, of Crossville, visited her mother, Mrs. W.R. Smith Sunday.
Funeral services held for Albert M. Roberts
Albert Marion Roberts, 68, a widely known and highly respected farmer of the Seventh District of Overton County, died at his home on Eagle Creek on Monday, November 23, at 3:00 a.m. after a brief illness.
He was born and reared in the community of his death. He was a son of the late George Roberts and Mrs. Matilda Ann Carlock Roberts, and a double first cousin of Ex. Governor Albert H. Roberts of Nashville.
He was a member of the Eagle Creek Lodge No. 530, Free and Accepted Masons.
Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Viola Martin Roberts; two daughters, Mrs. Nora Boswell of Monterey and Miss Mary Roberts; four sons, Allen Roberts of Akron, OH, Haskel Roberts of Detroit, Mich., and George and Bennie Roberts of Eagle Creek; four sisters, Mrs. John Lack of Mount Eagle, Mrs. G.B. McGee of Cookeville, Mrs. Hattie Woods of Helena and Mrs. C.M. Edwards of Malden, Missouri; and one brother, Frank Roberts
Funeral services were conducted on Wednesday at Hatchers Hall, by the Rev. Erasmus R. Vaughn, pastor of the First Christian Church at Livingston, with burial in the cemetery there. The Masonic Lodge was in charge of the services at the cemetery.
Overton County News
415 West Main Street
P.O. Box 479
Livingston, Tennessee 38570