“Aunt” Delia Qualls celebrates her 87th birthday
Mrs. Delia Qualls celebrated her 87th birthday last Sunday, December 6th. Her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren arrived at her home, two miles east of Livingston, with baskets and boxes filled with chicken, turkey, ham, gravy, dressing, salads, cakes, and pies, making a truly bountiful birthday dinner.
“Aunt” Delia as she is commonly called, has not been in very good health for the past year but enjoyed the occasion very much.
She had an excellent memory of pioneer days and was very happy to have all her folks with her for the day.
Those present were the Qualls, Eubanks, and Verbles of Livingston and the Webbs and Spencers of Crossville.
“Aunt” Delia received many nice and useful gifts.
• Buford Arnold was in Knoxville Monday.
• Mrs. D.W. Phillips was in Allons Monday.
• Mrs. Sallie Polson is able to be out after having the flu.
• Woodrow Poor is home from vacationing in Detroit.
• Mr. and Mrs. E.R. Smith were in Nashville Thursday.
• Chas Spurrier and Sid Hudson were in Nashville Sunday.
• Congoleum 9x12 Rugs for living room, bedroom, dining room, or kitchen, $3.95 at A.J.’s Bargain Balcony.
• Miss Myrtle Norris, of Alpine, was in Livingston Friday.
• Mrs. M.M. Roberts was in Nashville last week on business.
• Mr. and Mrs. Buster Garrett were in Nashville last Saturday.
• John Little and Cooper Deck were in Alpine Monday on business.
• Miss Codice Vaughn is visiting her sister, Mrs. Parson, in Nashville.
• Rev. Vaughn closed the revival at Howard’s Chapel Saturday night.
• Haskell McCormick was in Baxter, Cookeville, and Monterey Tuesday.
Overton County News
415 West Main Street
P.O. Box 479
Livingston, Tennessee 38570