~ Alpine News ~
• Rev. Bernard Taylor and family accompanied by Genevia Crowder were in Berea, Ky., for a day last week.
• Mrs. Lula McCormick has returned from Berea, Ky., where she went to be with her sister, Mrs. Emma Jones, who is in a hospital there. She reports Mrs. Jones to be getting along very well.
• Quitman Evans visited his brother, Thurman, in Nashville, for a few days recently.
• A Christmas program will be given at church next Sunday evening.
• Mrs. Andy Conatser is ill.
~ Allred News ~
• Mrs. Omer Hargis and little daughter, and Mrs. Pleas Howell and small son, David, left recently for Battle Creek, Mich., to join their husbands who are employed there.
• Mrs. Ed Ledbetter was in Livingston shopping Saturday.
• Arthur Vaughn, of Battle Creek, Mich., is spending the holidays with his family here. They will return north with him soon.
• Mrs. Mary Neely has been visiting her daughter, Mrs. Arlie Norris, of Alpine.
• Miss Gladys Hardin visited Misses Jean and Brooke Smith Sunday afternoon.
• Frank Austin was in Livingston last Monday.
• Cecil Smith who has been ill for some time is improving.
~ Antioch News ~
• Mr. and Mrs. Fayette Brown, Mr. and Mrs. Jim Smith, and Mrs. Lester Brown visited Mrs. Brown’s father and brother, R.S. Masters, and Mr. and Mrs. Grover Masters, of Overton County, one day last week.
• Albert Brown is spending a few days with his sister, Mrs. Stephen Bilbrey, and children, of Overton County.
Overton County News
415 West Main Street
P.O. Box 479
Livingston, Tennessee 38570