February 26, 1938 to March 4, 1938
• E.B. Gray is reported ill.
• Mr. and Mrs. Haskell Carr visited Alpine Saturday night.
• Elane, the little son of Mr. and Mrs. Jim Little of Howard’s Chapel has recovered from measles.
• Mrs. R.J. Long is ill with measles.
• Mrs. C.C. Gore was in Celina Monday.
• Mr. and Mrs. Houston West are the proud parents of a baby boy.
• Miss Lonelle Paschall was in Nashville Saturday.
• Carver Webb is ill at his home with measles.
• Mrs. Raymond Burchett of Celina is ill with measles at Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Burgett’s in East Livingston.
• Rev. and Mrs. R.B. White of Shelbyville, KY, were in Livingston Wednesday.
• Mrs. Raymond Burchett of Celina visited Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Burchett over the weekend.
• Virgil Taylor of Lone Maple community, who has been reported ill, is some better.
• Mrs. Luther Qualls is reported ill at her home in East Livingston.
• Mr. and Mrs. Turney Benson returned home Thursday after several days visit with their son, Dillis Benson and Mrs. Benson.
• Lucian Clark of Sulphur visited his father here last week.
• Mrs. Delcie Hockathorne, who has been in community hospital at Glascow, KY, has returned to her father’s at Oakley, much improved.
• Mr. and Mrs. Luther Ledbetter are proud parents of a new baby boy.
• Mrs. Emma Shirley and Mrs. Nettie Davis of Cookeville, were dinner guests of Mrs. A.L. Neely Thursday.
• Born to Mr. and Mrs. James Howard, on Tuesday, March 1, a girl, named Mary Judith.
• H.A. Smith was in Cookeville Wednesday
top of page
Overton County News
415 West Main Street
P.O. Box 479
Livingston, Tennessee 38570