December 12, 1937
December 18, 1937
~ Okolona News ~
• Cecil Stockton, who works at Nashville, spent last weekend here at home with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harve Stockton.
• Mr. and Mrs. Forrest Ramsey attended the wedding of the Rev. Robert Hammons and Mrs. May Ray near Fish Pond Saturday.
• Miss Sarah Ruth Bilbrey, who stays at Cookeville, spent last week-end at home here.
• Hassell Taylor was in Livingston Saturday.
~ Rickman News ~
• The “Week of Prayer” was observed in an all day meeting last Saturday at the home of Mrs. D.E. Bilbrey. The following program was given:
Scripture reading, Psalm 131 - Miss Willie May Verble; Prayer - Rev. Paul Williams; Song - Sweet Hour of Prayer; Prayer - Mrs. Alex Smith; Talk “Our Comrades Along The Highroad” - Mrs. Ada Bennett; Talk “Comrades” - Mrs. Paul Williams; and Benediction - Mattie Sue Cooper.
There were seventeen present at the meeting. At the noon hour a delicious dinner was served.
~ Monroe News ~
• The first meeting of the Monroe Home Demonstration Club was held Thursday, October 28, in the home of Mrs. Mertie Sweat. The following officers were elected:
Mrs. Elmo Williams, president; Mrs. J.P. Story, vice-president; and Miss Ottie Sweat, secretary.
The fourth Thursday has been set forth for the regular meetings. The next meeting will be in the home of Mrs. Story.
• The 4-H Club of Monroe met Thursday, October 28, with thirteen members present. Officers elected were: Naomi Coleman, president; Dovie Lynn, vice-president, Vonda Little, secretary, and Vella Maynord, reporter.
The fourth Thursday has been set for the regular meetings.
top of page
Overton County News
415 West Main Street
P.O. Box 479
Livingston, Tennessee 38570