November 28, 1937
December 4, 1937
~ Wirmingham News ~
• Mrs. Daura Hill and Mrs. Ernest Sells spent last Thursday in Lvingston.
• Miss Ruby Smith left last week for Nashville where she has accepted a position.
• Mrs. Davy Flowers, who has been ill for several days, is improving.
• Misses Edna and Connie Parrott spent the week-end with their mother, Mrs. Elsie Parrott.
• Mrs. Hollis Parrott spent Monday with Mrs. Hatton Parrott.
• The Home Demonstration Club met Monday, November 13, at the home of Mrs. Willie Reynolds. The demonstration was how to prepare a school lunch. Mrs. Orby Story, Mrs. Hatton Parrott, Mrs. Victor Garrett, Mrs. Willie Reynolds, and Miss Paschall were present. The next meeting will be at the home of Mrs. Orby Story on the third Monday in December. Everyone in this community is invited to attend.
~ Okolona News ~
• Mrs. Wilburn Stockton is here visiting relatives.
• Cecil Stockton of Nashville spent last week-end with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harve Stockton.
• Carlie Qualls returned home Sunday from Detroit.
• Hershel Poston is here now from Detroit.
• Troy Murphy and family have moved from George Cooper’s place to Fletcher Bilbrey’s farm here.
• Dewey Green and family have moved from Fletcher Bilbrey’s farm to Mrs. Felix Bilbrey’s farm.
• Faye Brown, who died at his home in Copeland Cove, was brought here for burial last week. Funeral services were conducted by the Rev. Paul Williams of Rickman.
• Miss Mattie Eldridge of Rickman visited Miss Jewel Winton last week.
top of page
Overton County News
415 West Main Street
P.O. Box 479
Livingston, Tennessee 38570